Here's the whole twist...
Too many brews to chose! Were you able to find the 25 differences between the puzzle you assembled and the box image... some obvious, some subtle?
1) Key chain around Fat Tire has moved to a new location
2) Grain Belt Premium bottle is now filled with peanuts
3) Budweiser bottle changed to white aluminum bottle
4) Bottle opener by Shake has moved to a new location
5) There is a chocolate bar by the Shake bottle now
6) Post Road Pumpkin has been exchanged for a Maynard’s Sour Ale
7) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is now open with a few olives on top
8) There’s a bottle opener now hanging on the Lift Bridge Farm Girl
9) Samual Smith's and London Pride have exchanged locations
10) Dos Equis bottle changed to a seasonal Lager Expecial
11) Bud Light changed to Bud Light Platinum
12) Corona Extra is now open with a lime atop
13) The pretzel has moved locations!
14) Coaster now in front of the Grolsh bottle
15) Blue Moon is now open with a orange peel garnish
16) Mad Hatter label is twisted
17) Pacifico lime disappeared and foam is now running down the side
18) O’hara's changes from Irish Pale Ale to Irish Red
19) Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss changes to Summer Shandy with a lemon wedge
20) Surly Bender changes to Surly Furious
21) Beer opener now on Lake Superior Split Rock Bock
22) Lucid Air changes to Lucid Dyno
23) Anchor Steam now on a coaster
24) Coaster now in front of Excelsior bottle
25) Beer being poured in the lower right corner!
Were you able to find all the changes?
Need a Hint? Click Here.
Answers to the BEER QUIZ:
What is a growler?
A beer growler is an airtight jug container typically made of glass, ceramic or stainless steel used to transport beer. Primary benefit of a growler is to take beer from one place to another without a degradation of quality. The name comes from the 1800’s when metal pails were used to transport beer from the local tavern to home. It is believed that when this was done the pail’s cover made a growling sound when the carbon dioxide would escape from the pail.
What are the primary 4 ingredients in beer?
- Water – Beer is 97% water.
- Grains – Malted grains provide the sugars that are fermented by yeast to produce alcohol and CO2. Primary souce of color and contributor to the flavor and aroma of beer – common grains include barley (most widely used), wheat, rye, oats, rice and corn.
- Hops – Hops are the flowers of the hop plant, used as flavoring and stability agent in beer. Provide bitterness to balance the sweetness of the malt. Hops contributes to the flavor and aroma of beer and provide a large range from citrus and pine to earthy and spicy.
- Yeast – Yeast metabolizes the sugars from grains and produces alcohol and CO2. There are two main types of yeast, typically called ale and lager.
What is the difference between ale and lager?
Technically the only difference is in the type of yeast used to brew the beer. An ale uses “top-fermenting” yeasts and is fermented at warmer temperatures (50 to 70 degrees Fehrenheit) while a lager uses “bottom-fermenting” yeasts and is fermented at cooler temperature (38 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit).
Often people make some general distinctions between the two: Ales tend to be more robust tasting, include more bitter beer, and are enjoyed warmer (45 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit) while lagers tend to be lighter tasting, highly carbonated and served cooler (38 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit). However, the characteristics of the two categories often overlap depending on the specific style of beer.
What is the difference between Off sale and On sale?
Off sale/premise where you purchase beer for consumption at an area away from your purchase point (liquor store).
On sale/premise where you consume the beer at the same place you purchased it (restaurant or bar).
What provides the bitter taste in beer?
The bitterness of beer is provided by compounds such as isohumulones from hops used during brewing.
What is the primary cause of beer going bad?
Light – primary cause of beer becoming skunked and is considered the primary cause of beer going bad.
Air – primary cause of a beer going stale (from oxidation) or a carbonated beer going flat.
Temperature (heat) and motion accelerate oxidation (good reason not to store beer in the trunk of your car).
What provides the sweet taste in beer?
Malt – The more malt in a beer the sweeter the beer will taste.
When was the Prohibition?
Prohibition lasted from 1919 to 1933.
The 1920s in the United States, called “roaring” because of the loud, exciting times of the decade. The Roaring Twenties was a time when many people defied Prohibition, indulged in new styles of dancing and dressing, and rejected many traditional moral standards.
How long did the Prohibition last?
Prohibition lasted 13 years.
Who was president when it ended?
Franklin D. Roosevelt – Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt ran for president in 1932 (during the Great Depression) on a platform calling for Prohibition’s appeal, and easily won victory over the incumbent President Herbert Hoover. Legalizing the liquor industry had appeal in order to create jobs and revenue. FDR’s victory meant the end for Prohibition in December 1933. Though a few states continued to prohibit alcohol after Prohibition’s end, all had abandoned the ban by 1966 (Mississippi was the last state).
The Letter X is used in labeling some beers. Why?
The X was traditionally a mark of beer strength with more Xs the greater the strength.
What’s a common way to prevent a beer pint from sticking to a bar napkin?
Sprinkle salt on the napkin.
What state has the most craft breweries?
As of 2015:
California – 431 Craft Breweries
Washington – 256 Craft Breweries
Colorado – 235 Craft Breweries
Oregon – 216 Craft Breweries
New York – 181 Craft Breweries
Michigan – 159 Craft Breweries
For a complete list: http://vinepair.com/state-of-craft-beer-map-2015/
What is the strongest beer in the world?
Sam Adams Triple Bock is often thought to be the strongest beer in the world (17% alcohol achieved by using champagne yeast) however, Snake Venom by Brewmeister located in Keith, Scottland is the world’s strongest beer (67.5% alcohol, achieved by using ale and champagne yeast).
What is a nitro beer?
A nitro beer uses nitrogen (N2) gas during the carbonation process. A nitro beer will contain about 70% nitrogen and 30% carbon dioxide as opposed to 100% carbon dioxide. Nitrogen is largely insoluble in liquid, which contributes to a thick mouth feel taking on a creamy texture and more evenly distributed flavor while the carbon dioxide beer is more aggressive on the tongue and aroma forward.
What is a spectrophotometer?
Tool used to measure the light that can pass through a sample of beer. Commonly used for quality control monitoring to measure color intensity, taste, bitterness and carbohydrates of a beer.
Who is Joseph Williams Lovibond?
Joseph Lovibond devised a scale to measure the color of beer now referred to as “Degrees Lovibond.”
What is Cenosillicaphobia?
The fear of an empty glass.
What is a block? 30-pack
What is a brick? 12-pack
What is a church key? bottle opener
What are ponies? 7 oz bottles
What is a tall boy? 24 oz can
What is a skunked beer? a beer that has gone bad and has a skunked flavor resulting from too much exposure to light
Organize the beers by color from light to dark: India Pale Ale, Bock, Stout, Porter, Pilsner, Imperial Stout, Saison, Dark Lager.
Pilsener, India Pale Ale, Saison, Dark Lager, Bock, Porter, Stout, Imperial Stout
Organize the bitterness value of these common commercial beers:
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Newcastle Brown Ale, Budweiser, Stone IPA and Guinness Draught
Budweiser (10 IBU) , Newcastle Brown Ale (24 IBU), Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (37 IBU), Guinness Draught (40 IBU), Stone IPA (77 IBU).
A Guinness Stout doesn’t taste as bitter as a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale even though they are both around 40 IBU. This is because bitterness taste is relative to the amount of malt that is contained in a beer. The more malt in a beer the sweeter the beer will taste requiring more bittering acids to balance that sweetness.
Bonus–match these famous people with the following quotes (Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, WC Fields, Tina Fey, and Jack Nicholson):
A) “In a study, scientists report that drinking beer can be good for the liver. I’m sorry, did I say ‘scientists’? I meant Irish people.”
B) “Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.”
C) “Beer, it’s the best damn drink in the world.”
D) “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”
E) “Everybody’s got to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.
A) Tina Fey
B) Thomas Jefferson
C) Jack Nicholson
D) Abraham Lincoln
E) WC Fields
What did you think of the jigsaw puzzle?
Please let us know by writing a review.