Revealed: Downtown St. Paul
Here's the whole twist...
The “Downtown St. Paul” image was originally painted by Michael Birawer in 2008. Michael was excited to be a part of the Winter Carnival event as he is from St. Paul. At the conclusion of the jigsaw puzzle contest Michael made a surprise appearance, congratulated the winners and signed jigsaw puzzles for the contestants.
Downtown St. Paul Revealed:
Lots happening in downtown St. Paul. Were you able to catch the 25 differences between the puzzle you assembled and the box image?
- There’s a State Capitol fireworks show!
- Flags are up on the State Capitol.
- Oxidation on the Cathedral is referred to as patina (green color). New copper has the roof bronze again!
- It’s starting to snow on the east side of St. Paul.
- There’s a plane promoting the Winter Carnival flying overhead.
- Two planes swap locations.
- Barge appears on east side of the Mississippi.
- Truck on bridge is now sporting the Winter Carnival logo.
- Cars change colors (2 cars under the bridge in the distance changed colors from blue and red to red and orange, and a blue car in the foreground changed from blue to green).
- A new blue car has appeared on the bridge in the foreground.
- Science Museum sign has changed from orange to yellow.
- A new train is on the track going the opposite direction with a caboose.
- There are lights on the pine trees to the right of the caboose.
- Trees change colors. Trees along the river (on the side with the train) reflect the change of seasons going from spring to fall colors – left to right; and the trees in the foreground (close to the bridge) change to orange and some with yellow highlights.
- Windows on the gray building that borders the Mississippi in front of the Science Museum have moved around.
- Apartment buildings on the left side of the puzzle have changed colors.
- More people on the walking paths. There’s a biker with a trailer stroller and a person pushing a stroller on the path in front of the train, and a person walking his dog in front of the apartments on the left side of the puzzle.
- The paddle boat has moved along the river closer to the ski boat.
- Ski boat has moved slightly and the people in the ski boat are now waving to the people in the paddle boat (Minnesota Nice).
- A new power boat has entered the Mississippi where the paddle boat was previously.
- Birds above the river have moved slightly to the east.
- Veteran’s Memorial can now be seen on the edge of the river (flags).
- A number of people have shown up on Harriet Island (grilling, playing soccer, rollerblading, biking and walking).
- Michael Birawer’s name is now shown in caps and small letters as opposed to all caps.
- Border at the bottom flopped colors – going from Autumn/green to green/Autumn.
Were you able to find all the changes?
Need a Hint? Click Here.
What did you think of the jigsaw puzzle?
Please let us know by writing a review.