Revealed: Minnesota State Fair
Here's the whole twist...
Minnesota State Fair Revealed:
The Great Minnesota Get-Together is underway. Many things have gone amiss… some very obvious, yet some subtle. Were you able to catch the 34 differences between the puzzle you assembled and the box image?
1) Among the clouds there is the shape of an awesome state!
2) Record breaking crowds cause Fairchild to help out by directing street traffic.
3) Fairborne is catching a ride on the back of a motorcycle.
4) The green car has moved to a new location (where? look at clue 5).
5) The yellow car has moved to a new location (where? look at clue 4).
6) Dates on the Ticket Box Office changed to Aug 22 - Sept 2, 2019. This puzzle was released in 2019 at the Minnesota State Fair within the Merchandise Mart - the first time PuzzleTwist had a booth within the Merchandise Mart. The dates on the box cover, Aug 23 - Sept 3, 2007, are when Michael Birawer painted this image as the commemorative art poster!
7) A goat and his handler are walking on the sidewalk!
8) New lady in a yellow shirt snuck in behind the goat handler.
9) The slingshot ride is flying into the sky!
10) The street light is green - go, go, go!
11) The string on the balloons the people are holding has been let out a bit.
12) Some balloons are floating away in the sky (far right).
13) Those crazy street maintenance people... a manhole cover on the street has moved locations!
14) Pretty birds appear in the sky.
15) Can you find the squirrel at the state fair? (hint... he's in a tree)
16) A guy is walking on the sidewalk with a fun red shirt!
17) The woman in yellow pants with her daughter who won the big prize from the Midway are walking out of the fairground in a slightly different location.
18) Quarter Horse has changed into an American Paint Horse.
19) The State Fair Skyglider has changed to the Skyride! Which do you prefer?
20) A few of the red flags at the entrance have been refreshed with a new color.
21) Lamp post is now on and lighting up the area below.
22) Two cars have been added to the roller coaster... weeeeeeeee!
23) The Grandstand entrance is open and painted white.
24) Banner that is being pulled by the plane has changed colors and been updated to 2019!
25) Space Tower capsule is on the rise.
26) Trees on the far right have started to change to their fall colors.
27) Additional pine tree appear in front of the building in front of the water tower.
28) The red tractor is going North... the opposite direction.
29) Now there is a person biking out in front of the fair... in front of the Fairchild statue... pulling a bike trailer.
30) There are lights around the ferris wheel.
31) CHS has been added to the CHS Miracle of Birth.
32) A man in a blue shirt is now in line to get tickets.
33) The dates on the Grandstand have changed to Aug 22 - Sept 2.
34) The buses arriving to the fair now have marquees flashing “State Fair”!
Were you able to find all the changes?
Need a Hint? Click Here.
1. Which is older - the State of Minnesota or the Fair?
The Fair, as an annual tradition, is older. It couldn’t be called the “State Fair” until the territory was granted statehood.
2. What state fair has the largest average attendance by day of any state fair in the country?
The Great Minnesota Get-Together has the largest daily average attendance as of 2018.
3. For decades, what part of the Fair held the largest annual display of
farm equipment in the world?
Machinery Hill. This area now generally focuses on cars, trucks, lawn mowers, hot tubs, recreational vehicles, the Little Farm Hands exhibit and more.
4. What year was the Minnesota State Fair daily attendance record set?
How many attended?
In 2018, the last Saturday of the Minnesota State Fair set the all time attendance record. That record, set on September, 1st of 2108, had 270,426 people enjoying the Fair in one day!
5) The Fair has been held annually for over 160 years with 5 exceptions – can you name 3 of them?
- 1861 - because of the Civil War
- 1862 - because of the Dakota War
- 1893 - scheduling conflicts with the Worlds Fair held in Chicago
- 1945 - because of World War II
- 1946 - due to a polio epidemic
6) Each year since 1964, candidates for Princess Kay of the Milky Way have one of these at the Fair.
Butter sculptures - the earliest documented evidence for them in Europe is from the 1500s.
7) Who uttered the famous phrase “speak softly and carry a big stick”
during a visit to the Fair, just 12 days before he became president in 1901?
8) What state fair has the largest total attendance?
Texas - Only the Texas State Fair has more visitors than the Minnesota State Fair, but it typically runs twice as long.
9) What mascot is named after the man who advocated for the current, permanent location of the Fair? Name his nephew too!
The not-so-young-anymore mascot has been Fairchild since 1966. His nephew Fairborne made his debut in 1983.
10) What is the subject of the Debra Frasier children’s book based on a “forest” at the Fair?
11) What road, named for a pacer horse, runs from the main entrance on Snelling Avenue through the fair?
Dan Patch, the pacer horse that won every race he ran in from 1900 to 1909 when he was retired.
12) What do beer, Scotch eggs, spaghetti, mocha, deep-fried candy bars, and math have in common?
You can get 'em on-a-stick at the Fair!
13) What direction does the Skyride vs. SkyGlider run? Which is gondola-style
The Skyride runs East and West and is gondola-style. The Skyride runs from the West End Market to the Space Tower.
The Sky Glider runs North and South and is chairlift-style. The Sky Glider runs from the heart of the fair grounds just outside the East side of the Grandstand to the North End.
14) Who was the artist for the 2007 Minnesota State Fair Commemorative Art?
Michael Birawer and this art can be seen by viewing the box cover of this puzzle.
15) Name the musical artist that headlined at the Grandstand (years and songs given as hints)?
• 1990, 1993: Mr. Tambourine Man, Shelter from the Storm
• 1982, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2018: All Summer Long, Barbara Ann
(The Beach Boys)
• 1969, 1975, 1978, 1993: Jolene, My Tennessee Mountain Home
• 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1996: Crazy, Always on My Mind
• 1990, 1994, 1998, 2016: Angel From Montgomery, I Can’t Make You Love Me
• 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2019: Eat It, White & Nerdy
(“Weird Al” Yankovic)
• 2012: See You Again, Black & Yellow
• 2014: Freeway of Love, Chain of Fools
What did you think of the jigsaw puzzle?
Please let us know by writing a review.