REMOTE Puzzle Derby
Test your puzzling skills, support a good cause and have fun!
Timing: Now – March 5th.
This fun event is open to everyone (shipping within USA only).
You can choose to compete or assemble the jigsaw puzzle just for fun. In the end, we're just hoping to have some fun and support a good cause.
Participants who chose to compete must complete the jigsaw puzzle as individuals or in teams of 2, 3 or 4 people.
Please read all the instructions that follow!
Order the “REMOTE Puzzle Derby” puzzle:Order 1,000 Piece Puzzle Here (new release).
This PuzzleTwist® jigsaw puzzle will be shipped to you from Jonathan Cluff.
Set Up Your Puzzle Station
When you receive your package DO NOT open it. Set up a recording device (i.e., cell phone with full battery) to record your puzzling (time-lapse mode). Place the USPS Priority Mail Package in the center of the puzzling surface and a stopwatch/timer in the camera's view.
Rules for Those That Choose to Compete
- Must record a time-lapse video of the assembly of your puzzle with stopwatch/timer visible anytime from now until – March 5th (first attempt only) to be eligible to win first place.
- Contestants cannot use any puzzle assistance tools. This includes spatulas/paper for moving pieces, or cell phones to photograph box cover for additional reference.
- Cutting tools to open the USPS box only and sorting trays are allowed.
Ready, Set, Go!
- Gather your team around the table.
- Make sure box and stopwatch are both visible by the time-lapse camera. Start your time-lapse video.
- Start your stopwatch.
- Open the Mail box in view of the time-lapse camera.
- Start puzzling.
- After the final piece is set in place, hit stop on the stopwatch.
- Write your time on the time sheet included within the box with your team name and place the paper in the center of the completed puzzle. Wait for about 10 minutes (to make sure the time-lapse video captures your final time)... then hit stop on your time-lapse video.
- Take a team photo with your completed puzzle.
- Email results by March 5th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your team name, division, and finish time.
Time should be recorded as follows.
Hours : Minutes : Seconds . Hundreths of Seconds
(1:35:12.06 = 1 hour:35 minutes:12 seconds.06 hundreths).
- Post your time-lapse video on March 6th (not prior) to your social media channel of choice (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
Post as follows.
Team (Your team name here) finished the 50th Speed Puzzling Event with a time of (enter your time)! @puzzletwist #PuzzleTwist #JigsawPuzzleContest #SpeedPuzzling
- Winning times will be verified by viewing the posted time-lapse videos on March 6th and all times and winners will be posted shortly thereafter.
HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!