REMOTE Puzzle Derby
Test your puzzling skills, support the St. Louis County 4-H and have fun during the time we usually get together for the Duluth Puzzle Derby!
Timing: Week of May 14th – May 22nd
This fun event is open to everyone (shipping within USA only). The puzzle is specific to Duluth Minnesota (so you may see some iconic sights associated with Duluth).
The puzzle design is not the lovely image above, but it is as lovely. It was created by a Minnesota artist and features some iconic sights associated with Duluth Minnesota.
You don't have to be from Minnesota to participate. You can also choose to compete or assemble the puzzle puzzle just for fun. In the end, we're just hoping to spread some cheer and support the St. Louis County 4-H.
Participants who chose to compete must complete this 500 piece jigsaw puzzle as individuals or in teams of 2, 3 or 4 people. A gift certificate for $40 to puzzletwist.com will be awarded to each First Place team in each team size category.
Participants who chose to compete must complete a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle as individuals or in teams of 2, 3 or 4 people. A prize ($40 gift certificate to PuzzleTwist.com) will be awarded to each First place team in each team size category.
Please read all the instructions that follow!
Order the “REMOTE Puzzle Derby” contest puzzle. Order Puzzle Here. This puzzle will be a new release, 500 piece, PuzzleTwist® jigsaw puzzle, never seen before - shipped to you in a USPS Priority Mail box. Cost is $25 plus tax and shipping of $7.50. The St. Louis County 4-H will receive $5 for each "REMOTE Puzzle Derby" jigsaw purchased.
Set Up Your Puzzle Station
When you receive your package DO NOT open it. Set up a recording device (i.e., cell phone with full battery) to record your puzzling (time-lapse mode). Place the USPS Priority Mail Package in the center of the puzzling surface and a stopwatch/timer in the camera's view.
Rules for Those That Choose to Compete
- Must record a time-lapse video of the assembly of your puzzle with stopwatch/timer visible anytime from May 14th – May 22nd (first attempt only).
- Contestants cannot use any puzzle assistance tools. This includes spatulas/paper for moving pieces, or cell phones to photograph box cover for additional reference.
- Cutting tools to open the USPS box only and sorting trays are allowed.
Ready, Set, Go!
- Gather your team around the table.
- Make sure USPS Priority Mail box and stopwatch are both visible by the time-lapse camera. Start your time-lapse video.
- Start your stopwatch.
- Open the USPS Priority Mail box in view of the time-lapse camera.
- Start puzzling.
- After the final piece is set in place, hit stop on the stopwatch.
- Write your time on the time sheet included within the box with your team name and place the paper in the center of the completed puzzle. Wait for about 10 minutes (to make sure the time-lapse video captures your final time)... then hit stop on your time-lapse video.
- Email results by May 23rd to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your team name, division, and finish time.
Time should be recorded as follows.
Hours : Minutes : Seconds . Hundreths of Seconds
(1:35:12.06 = 1 hour:35 minutes:12 seconds.06 hundreths).
- Post your time-lapse video on May 23rd (not prior) to your social media channel of choice (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
Post as follows.
Team (Your team name here) finished the Duluth Puzzle Derby with a time of (enter your time)! @puzzletwist #PuzzleTwist #JigsawPuzzleContest #DuluthPuzzleDerby
- Winning times will be verified by viewing the posted time-lapse videos on May 23rd and all times and winners will be posted shortly thereafter.
- Winning teams in each division will receive a $40 gift certificate to puzzletwist.com.
For any pre-contest questions contact us:
HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!