REMOTE Puzzle Derby
Test your puzzling skills, support Second Harvest Heartland and have fun during the Holidays!
Timing: Week of December 24th – January 2ndThis fun event is open to everyone (shipping within USA only). The puzzle is specific to the Holidays and Minnesota (so you may see a cameo appearance of Santa and/or Paul Bunyan).
We're holding this contest to thank everyone that has supported us throughout the years. Being a Minnesota business we thought it appropriate to develop a specific Minnesota Holiday puzzle. This puzzle will only be available this year through the contest. However, you don't have to be from Minnesota or have to compete in the contest to purchase the puzzle. In the end, we're just hoping to spread some holiday cheer during the season and help support Second Harvest Heartland.
Second Harvest Heartland provides meals for families, children and seniors in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. With the impact of COVID-19 on our community and neighbors – providing meals seems more important than ever. Each team that registers for the competition will help Second Harvest Heartland to provide 15 meals to someone who is struggling.
Participants who chose to compete must complete a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle as individuals or in teams of 2, 3 or 4 people. A prize ($40 gift certificate to PuzzleTwist.com) will be awarded to each First place team in each team size category.
Please read all the instructions that follow!
Order the “REMOTE Puzzle Derby” contest puzzle. Order Puzzle Here. This puzzle will be a new release, 500 piece, PuzzleTwist® jigsaw puzzle, never seen before - shipped to you in a USPS Priority Mail box. Cost is $25 plus tax and shipping of $7.50. A Minnesota Charity will receive $5 for each "REMOTE Puzzle Derby" jigsaw purchased.
Set Up Your Puzzle Station
When you receive your package DO NOT open it. Set up a recording device (i.e., cell phone with full battery) to record your puzzling (time-lapse mode). Place the USPS Priority Mail Package in the center of the puzzling surface and a stopwatch/timer in the camera's view.
- Must record a time-lapse video of the assembly of your puzzle with stopwatch/timer visible anytime from December 24th – January 2nd (first attempt only).
- Contestants cannot use any puzzle assistance tools. This includes spatulas/paper for moving pieces, cutting devices to open USPS Priority Mail box, or cell phones to photograph box cover for additional reference.
- Sorting trays are allowed.
Ready, Set, Go!
- Gather your team around the table.
- Make sure USPS Priority Mail box and stopwatch are both visible by the time-lapse camera. Start your time-lapse video.
- Start your stopwatch.
- Open the USPS Priority Mail box in view of the time-lapse camera.
- Start puzzling.
- After the final piece is set in place, hit stop on the stopwatch.
- Write your time on the time sheet included within the box with your team name and place the paper in the center of the completed puzzle. Wait for about 10 minutes (to make sure the time-lapse video captures your final time)... then hit stop on your time-lapse video.
- Email results by January 3rd to email@example.com
Include your team name, division, and finish time.
Time should be recorded as follows.
Hours : Minutes : Seconds . Hundreths of Seconds
(1:35:12.06 = 1 hour:35 minutes:12 seconds.06 hundreths).
- Post your time-lapse video on January 3rd (not prior) to your social media channel of choice (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
Post as follows.
Team (Your team name here) finished the MN Holiday REMOTE Puzzle Derby with a time of (enter your time)! @puzzletwist #PuzzleTwist #JigsawPuzzleContest #RemotePuzzleDerby
- Winning times will be verified by viewing the posted time-lapse videos on January 3rd and all times and winners will be posted shortly thereafter.
- Winning teams in each division will receive a $40 gift certificate to puzzletwist.com.
HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from PUZZLETWIST!!