REMOTE Puzzle Derby
Compete against other puzzlers or just assemble for fun! Either way – brighten up the Holiday while supporting Second Harvest Heartland.
Timing: Dec 24th - Jan 2nd
This fun event is open to everyone (shipping within USA only).
|Choose your level of challenge!|
|Order: 500 Piece Puzzle Derby||Order: 1,000 Piece Puzzle Derby|
You can choose to compete or assemble the jigsaw puzzle just for fun. In the end, we're just hoping to have some fun and support a good cause.
Participants who chose to compete must complete the jigsaw puzzle as individuals or in teams of 2, 3 or 4 people.
500 Piece PuzzleTwist Jigsaw Puzzle (new release - includes Santa).
1,000 Piece PuzzleTwist Jigsaw Puzzle (new release).
Please read all the instructions that follow!
Order the “REMOTE Puzzle Derby” puzzle:
Order 500 Piece Puzzle Here (new release).
This PuzzleTwist® jigsaw puzzle will be shipped to you in December just prior to the contest starting.
Set Up Your Puzzle Station
When you receive your package DO NOT open it. Set up a recording device (i.e., cell phone with full battery) to record your puzzling (time-lapse mode). Place the USPS Priority Mail Package in the center of the puzzling surface and a stopwatch/timer in the camera's view.
Rules for Those That Choose to Compete
- Must record a time-lapse video of the assembly of your puzzle with stopwatch/timer visible anytime from Dec 24th until – Jan 2nd (first attempt only) to be eligible to win first place.
- Contestants cannot use any puzzle assistance tools. This includes spatulas/paper for moving pieces, or cell phones to photograph box cover for additional reference.
- Cutting tools to open the USPS box only and sorting trays are allowed.
Ready, Set, Go!
- Gather your team around the table.
- Make sure box and stopwatch are both visible by the time-lapse camera. Start your time-lapse video.
- Start your stopwatch.
- Open the Mail box in view of the time-lapse camera.
- Start puzzling.
- After the final piece is set in place, hit stop on the stopwatch.
- Write your time on the time sheet included within the box with your team name and place the paper in the center of the completed puzzle. Wait for about 10 minutes (to make sure the time-lapse video captures your final time)... then hit stop on your time-lapse video.
- Take a team photo with your completed puzzle.
- Post your time-lapse video on January 3rd at 9 AM (not prior) to your social media channel of choice (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
Post as follows.
Team (Your team name here) finished the 2022 Holiday Puzzle Derby with a time of (enter your time)! @puzzletwist #PuzzleTwist #JigsawPuzzleContest #RemotePuzzleDerby
- Winning times will be verified by viewing the posted time-lapse videos on January 3rd and all times and winners will be posted shortly thereafter.
HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!